When selling your home, it is important to know how your home compares to similar homes on the market. With the proper research, you will learn how much your home is currently worth and possible improvements / changes you may want to make to get top dollar.
Complete the required information about your home and receive a FREE analysis of your home’s approximate value on the market today.
So what is your home worth anyways? Navigating the real estate market in Carson Valley can be tricky, especially if you don’t know your home’s true value and what it will actually sell for. When you contact us, we will provide an individualized Comparative Market Analysis of your home, taking into account vital elements such as the location, property size and features, physical condition, extraordinary features and current market conditions. John will show you expert data for your neighborhood and you will get all the information you need to make an informed decision.
*The question “what is my home worth?” refers to the homeowners perceived value and is not meant to be a professional appraisal. John Stevenson will be able to provide a detailed answer to your question “what is my home worth?” which includes a professional market analysis for your individual home. For a more comprehensive assessment please contact a professional appraiser or contact John for a list of his concierge services.
John Stevenson Real Estate is an independent brokerage and not affiliated with any appraisers or appraisal offices. All opinions that John gives on the value of a home may fluctuate with market conditions. Furthermore John reserves the right to refuse service or home value assessments to anyone for any reason. For more information on John’s other services please contact him for a free no-obligation and no-pressure consultation.
- How do we know what your home is worth? Experience and data are key elements to accurately assessing the value of your home in Carson Valley…comprising of Minden, Genoa, Gardnerville and Johnson Lane. When we provide a market analysis, we take into account the micro and macro picture. Just because other areas of town could be declining, does not mean that your neighborhood is. We find out exactly what makes your neighborhood tick and why it influences the home sale prices. We will also take a look at the current homes for sale and pin point the exact price you will need to list your home for so that you get the highest price and best terms.
- Could repairs or upgrade affect your home’s value? When a buyer goes into your home, they will be looking for things that they will have to fix or upgrade. If you have done it already, then they will be more likely to fall in love with your home (and the idea of a move in ready house). During the due diligence period, buyers hire home inspectors to assess the condition of your house and recommend repairs. They will use this information to ask you for a price reduction which usually is far more than the actual cost to making the repairs yourself. It is important to remedy as much as possible before listing your house, so that you can command very high sales prices. Too many home seller’s make the mistake of listing their home and hoping the potential home buyer looks past the lack of repairs or upgrades, but they never do!
- We will never pressure you to sell your house. When you ask us for a home market analysis, you will get just that! We are here to offer immense value to our clients and customers, even if a sale is never made. Our ‘before, during and after the sale’ service program ensures that your needs are of the highest priority and that you will be able to sell your house in your time frame, not ours. Even if you never plan on selling your house, we will be here to answer your questions about the home buying and selling process as well as market conditions and other real estate issues. We are the experts in the Carson Valley area and will always be here to serve you.
- Will my home’s possible sales price rise over time? Because of the steady growth of the Carson Valley, Carson City and Reno real estate and job market, we continue to forecast growth in home values. Even, after the Carson Valley housing bubble and crash, the homes have continued to recover their values. Home values will continue to climb in neighborhoods with great curb appeal, financially strong households, great schools, and also just because of the great Carson Valley climate. Retirees continue to flock to Carson Valley, Lake Tahoe and surrounding areas because of the excellent tax climate as well as mild winters. Because of the great neighborhoods being built, this area has many more years to go in the initial housing growth phase.
- How could my home go down in value? Neglected homes such as bank-owned, short sale or even tenant-occupied homes can affect your home’s value. When you have such homes in your neighborhood, then we recommend being proactive in talking with the owner’s of those homes and HOA’s so that any problem properties can be disposed of quickly or refurbished. Don’t let your home become a problem. If your home is too big to keep up or upgrade as styles change, then it is a good idea to consider selling it while values are up and while your home is up to date. Selling your home while it is at peak condition rather than waiting for things to get worse will ensure the highest sales price for you.
- Rely on the best real estate brokerage team in Las Vegas. With so many choices of agents and brokers, it is important to find one who will give you the time you deserve. We have at least 20-pages in all of our home valuations because of the very detailed research we do. When more data is used, the more accurate your home valuation will be. With accuracy, comes the greatest results.
John Stevenson Real Estate loves giving you the Carson Valley real estate service that you are looking for! We will take time to get to know you and your needs. If you are just curious on your home’s value, then we will not pressure you to sell. We will make every effort to ensure the best market analysis so that you can make the best decision possible.